Here is one of my favourite recipes to whip up on a busy weeknight or on a weekend night were I just want lots of flavour, but light on prep. Most of the ingredients are pantry items, so it can be an easy last minute go to recipe. It is originally a Martha Stewart recipe (gotta love Martha), but I have tweaked it to my tastes.
Here is the link to the original in case it suits you better http://www.marthastewart.com/332879/pasta-with-green-beans-and-tuna
A bonus is that it tastes great cold, as a leftover the next day for lunch!!
I would love to know if you give it a try and what you thought of it!
Fusilli Pasta with Green Beans and Tuna
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 box of Fusilli (no bigger than 375g)
- 1 bag of pre washed and trimmed green beans, halved
- 1 can chunk light tuna, packed in water, drained (I also use canned chicken if I have it on hand)
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A generous handful of natural almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 2 small garlic clove, minced ( I love garlic and sometimes throw in 3 cloves)
- Using your pasta pot toast the chopped almonds and set aside to cool. In the same pot, boil salted water and cook pasta according to package instructions, adding green beans 1 minute before end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tuna, oil, almonds, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and beans and add to tuna mixture. Stir to combine.